Friday, July 23, 2010

Daniel Arenson-- Firefly island


Daniel Arenson sold his first short story in 1998. Since then, dozens of his stories and poems have appeared in various magazines, among them Flesh & Blood, Chizine, and Orson Scott Card's Strong Verse. Firefly Island, first published in hardcover in 2007, is his first novel.


Q: What will e-readers like about your book?

A: Firefly Island is an epic fantasy. Readers who love fantasy adventure -- tales full of swordplay, revenge, battles, and a bit of romance -- will enjoy Firefly Island.


Q: Why did you go indie?

A: Firefly Island was published with a traditional publisher back in 2007 and released in hardcover. I went indie last April and uploaded Firefly Island to the Kindle store, iBookstore, and Smashwords. Since I now focus on ebooks, going indie just made sense. I feel comfortable uploading the novel myself and having full control over the whole process. I love being indie!


Q: Who are your favorite authors in your genre?

A: Roger Zelazny, J. R. R. Tolkien, George R. R. Martin, Guy Gavriel Kay, Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman, Mike Resnick, and many others.



My book in the Kindle store: http://www.amazon.com/Firefly-Island-ebook/dp/B003FGXLHU
My book at Smashwords: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/12299

No comments:

Post a Comment