Friday, October 15, 2010

Darcia Helle-- No Justice

Darcia Helle is the author of six published novels. She writes in the suspense genre and is currently working on the third book in an ongoing series. An admitted book and music addict, her collection of both threatens to take over her home. She enjoys interacting with readers, as well as fellow indie authors, which led her to create http://www.BestsellerBound.com. All those with a passion for books are welcome to join.

-----

How far would you go to right a wrong?

For Michael Sykora, killing started as blind rage. Then it became something he's good at. To most of those who know him, Michael is a software designer, a smart but average guy with a workaholic nature. To a chosen few, Michael is a part-time hit man whose specialty is eliminating hard-core criminals.

Michael has managed to keep his two personas separate. Until now. When Nicki, a close friend, gets into trouble, Michael steps in to help. Having lost his fiance to a brutal crime, Michael will do whatever necessary to keep from losing another woman in his life.

Q: What will e-readers like about your book?
Michael Sykora was an average guy living an average life until tragedy struck. Losing his fiancé to a brutal rape and murder changed his perspective of the world. He saw injustice everywhere. Why should a rapist or child molester be allowed to serve a few years in prison, then, upon release, rape again? That is, if he is even found guilty to begin with. I think we can all relate to those feelings and might even root for the guy who is enacting his own form of justice.

Q: Why did you go indie?
I tried the mainstream route, writing those dreaded query letters to countless agents. The process is incredibly frustrating. Initially, going indie was something I?d intended as a stepping stone while I continued my search for an agent. However, I?ve come to love the indie world, the authors I network with, the readers, and the freedom to create and distribute what I want, when I want.

Q: Who are your favorite authors in your genre?
Way back when I first began writing within the suspense genre, my favorites were authors like John Sanford and Tami Hoag. I still enjoy their work, though I now read a lot more indie authors. A few of my newfound favorites within my genre include Stacy Juba, RJ McDonnell, Jane Kennedy Sutton, Sam Hilliard, and Libby Fischer Hellmann.

Website: http://www.DarciaHelle.com
Blog: http://www.QuietFuryBooks.com/blog
Amazon Author's Page: http://tiny.cc/7wike
Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/DarciaHelle

1 comment:

  1. Scott, thanks for taking the time to post this! Your support is much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete