Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Heather Wardell-- Planning to Live

I'm Heather Wardell and I've been writing full-time since 2005, after
careers in software development and elementary school teaching. In my
spare time, I read, run, crochet, swim, and play drums and clarinet.
While it would be entertaining, I haven't managed to do more than two
of these things at once. I have four novels available now, three for
$0.99 download and one free, which can be found at
http://www.heatherwardell.com


My newest book is "Planning to Live". Determined to lose weight for
her best friend's wedding, goal-obsessed Rhiannon flees her parents'
Christmas Day feast to avoid overeating but her car skids off the
deserted road into a tree. Trapped and bleeding, with her cell phone
out of reach, she struggles to escape, and to accept that she's spent
her whole life planning but hasn't ever really lived. Will she get the
chance to change that?

Q: What will e-readers like about your book?

The characters are real and engaging, and Rhiannon's struggle to
escape the car and to understand her life makes the book hard to put
down.

Q: Why did you go indie?

I released my first book, "Life, Love, and a Polar Bear Tattoo", for
free largely to stop me fiddling with it. People responded, though,
and I tentatively released my second, "Go Small or Go Home". By now,
it's not tentative any more: I love doing it all myself! I make all
the decisions and live or die by my own efforts, and I think it suits
me much better than the traditional paradigm.

Q: Who are your favorite authors in your genre?

Marian Keyes, early Sophie Kinsella, Jennifer Archer. And I must admit
I love rereading my own books too.

Link to web site or blog or Amazon/Smashwords
http://www.heatherwardell.com
http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/HeatherWardell
###

No comments:

Post a Comment