Friday, May 20, 2011

Chop Suey - Ty Hutchinson

Author Bio

My name is Ty Hutchinson and I'm from Hawaii. What does that mean? I don't need to tan.
Most days I'm a writer at Goodby, Silverstein & Partners. For you people not in the know, it's an advertising agency. Yes, I'm fully aware that it sounds like a law firm and that's why, depending on the situation, I'm also a lawyer.
If you visit, you'll find me making an ad or looking at an ad or discussing an ad. Sometimes I'm in the 4th floor kitchen drinking coffee though. You can check out my portfolio by visiting this website: tyhutchinson.com
My work has appeared in all the major advertising award shows and reported on in publications like Advertising Age, Creativity, Communication Arts and Archive. Is this helpful in my life outside of advertising? No.
When I'm not solving client problems or building brands, you'll find me traveling the world, playing video games, eating, reading, exploring SF's Chinatown (to date I have six Shrimp Boy sightings) or hard at work writing thriller novels.
While advertising is a blast, I thought it would be fun to write a book. Guess what? It was. My first book, Chop Suey, is out now. It's about Darby Stansfield, the first telecommunication consultant to the criminal world. It had my editor gasping, giggling and laughing so hard, she more than once choked on her drink. I hope you enjoy Darby as much as she did. I'm currently editing the second book in the series. Look for it to be out in the fall of 2011.

Description
When disgraced sales associate, Darby Stansfield, discovers he has six months to save his job, he does what any normal person would do. He freaks.

Desperate to resurrect his career at Teleco Wireless, he conjures up an international scheme filled with the promise of endless high-spending clients. It’s brilliant, it’s successful, and it involves doing business with organized crime.

But soon those closest to him find themselves caught up in his dangerous plan and one of these unknowingly has the power to destroy him. Darby must now make a tough decision––give up on the one good idea he ever had or risk it all.

This is the crazy life of Darby Stansfield, telecommunications consultant to the criminal underworld.

Chop Suey is a 90,000 word action thriller. That's 381 pages of holy moly.


Q: What will e-readers like about your book? I think they will really like Darby Stansfield. He's a lovable dope with big ideas. The guy who means well even though things don't go well. It's an action-thriller so story is fast-paced. I'd advise readers to strap-in for the last fifty pages or so. It's not too serious, there is humor so readers should expect an entertaining read.

Q: Why did you go indie? Well when I did the research on both paths, the indie way just made more sense. It was the right choice for me. Having control over the publishing process was the biggest appeal.

Q: Who are your favorite authors in your genre? Well there's James Patterson, Janet Evanovich and Lee Childs. But lately I've been reading a lot of indie authors or authors gone indie like JA Konrath, Brett Battles, Barry Eisler, Victorine E. Lieske and Dave Conifer

Links

Chop Suey - Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment