Friday, May 20, 2011

Hidden - Shalini Boland

Shalini Boland

Author bio:
Before kids, I was a singer songwriter signed to Universal Music. But writing fiction has taken over my life and now I’m a mother of two noisy boys and an author of teen novels. I write the kinds of books I love to read - gripping young adult adventures with a spattering of romance and a sprinkling of horror.


Book description:
Hidden (Marchwood Vampire Series) is a paranormal romance that spans the centuries from modern England to 19th century Paris and ancient Cappadocia.
Sixteen-year-old Madison Greene is in foster care until one day she inherits a fortune and a house with a cellar full of danger. Eighteen-year-old Alexandre Chevalier lives in 19th century Paris. On an archaeological expedition, he discovers a lost underground city where his life changes forever.

For each of them, life is finally starting. Little do they know it is closer to ending. Something lies buried which should have been forgotten. A Pandora’s Box that was meant to stay shut. But Madison and Alexandre have never been any good at following the rules. They are about to find everything they’ve ever desired and everything that could destroy them. Falling in love has never been so dangerous.

Q: What will e-readers like about your book?
It’s pure escapism. The story begins in gritty reality but slowly descends into horror, romance and adventure.

I try to back my characters into impossible situations or give them difficult dilemmas to deal with, making the story more unpredictable. Hopefully I’ve achieved this as current reviews say the story is gripping and takes surprising twists and turns.

Q: Why did you go indie?
After submitting to several publishers, it became clear that vampire novels were not what they were looking for. But I still know lots of people who love to read them. So I thought, sod it then, I’ll do it myself. And I did.

Q: Who are your favorite authors in your genre?
Suzanne Collins, Anne Rice and Richard Matheson. For a brief time, I existed in their worlds.







No comments:

Post a Comment