Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Alex Knight-- What Luck!

Alex Knight enjoys writing mysteries, horror stories and romantic comedies. Her recent projects include Murder in Mendocino, Incredible Luck! (the sequel to What Luck!) and Accidental Agent. She currently resides in Hamilton, Ontario.



“What Luck!” is a story about fear, greed, violence, unconditional loyalty and love. Oh yes, and the central characters just happen to be vampires.


Q: What will e-readers like about your book?

I think readers will enjoy the central characters. Instead of lovers reunited after death in a perfect immutable Heaven, they came together again earthbound in an ugly changing world and try to make the best of it. They are creatures of the dark, spreading light.


Q: Why did you go indie?

Going indie meant that I could take my novels to the readers much sooner than if I had followed the traditional route.  Actually, I think going indie will become the traditional route.


Q: Who are your favorite authors in your genre?

If we’re talking about vampires novels then I would have to say Bram Stoker.  Several other writers who have entertained and inspired me are Dashiell Hammett, Mickey Spillane, John D. MacDonald, Edgar Allen Poe, Ross MacDonald, Raymond Chandler, Rex Stout, James Patterson and Lawrence Block, just to name a few.



No comments:

Post a Comment