Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Donna Faz- The Merry-Go-Round


Donna Fasano is an award-winning, best-selling author whose books have sold over 3.5 million copies worldwide.

“. . .complex, funny, and realistic. . .” ~Wilmington News Journal

The Merry-Go-Round: When Lauren divorces her husband, she has one thought on her mind...stepping off the merry-go-round. However, her life quickly turns into a three-ring circus: her hypochondriac father moves in, her ex is using her shower when she's not home, and her perky assistant is pushing her out into the fearsome dating world. She also has to decide if the dilapidated barn and vintage merry-go-round she was awarded in the divorce settlement is a blessing or a bane. As if Lauren's personal life isn't chaotic enough, this slightly jaded attorney is overrun with a cast of quirky characters who can't stay on the right side of the law. What's a woman to do? She can allow life to spin her in circles forever. Or she can reach out and grab the brass ring.


Q: What will e-readers like about your book?

The Merry-Go-Round is a romantic women's fiction novel that sort of slips over into the chick lit category, too. It's different in that the book opens with a couple getting a divorce. Some of my readers have said that they've never read anything quite like it and that certain scenes have made them laugh right out loud. I'm proud of that!

Q: Why did you go indie?
My editor at Harlequin bought this book for their line of women's fiction called NeXt. However, the line folded just as I was finishing the manuscript so the rights to the book reverted to me. I hated the idea that this book was sitting on my desk gathering dust. So I published it, and I don't mind saying I'm enjoying being an independent author.

Q: Who are your favorite authors in your genre?
Susan Elizabeth Phillips, Jennifer Crusie, Maggie Osborne, Jennifer Greene...too many to mention.

Amazon US: http://www.amazon.com/The-Merry-Go-Round-ebook/dp/B002ZNJL78
Smashwords: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/9466

1 comment:

  1. Hi Donna,
    Your book is definitely on my "To read" list. Welcome to this wonderful blog. I am a fellow Indie author, featured in July.
    Christa Polkinhorn
    Love of a Stonemason

    ReplyDelete