Monday, September 20, 2010

Rodolfo Peña--An Inconsequential Murder

Rodolfo Peña: I live in Biarritz, France on the beautiful Atlantic coast of the Basque country. I have been writing most of my life, but until now mostly in Spanish, my native language. I have written television scripts, advertising audiovisuals, newspaper commentary, magazine articles, and a myriad of other things. I am a translator in three languages: English, Spanish, and French. My French wife and I live a quiet life in our chalet where we read a lot, work on translations, argue about cooking, and tend our vegetable garden. In summer we usually go to Paris where I like to pretend I am a painter and in winter we go to Mexico, where I don't have to pretend to be a native.

An Inconsequential Murder: When the body of a young software engineer is found decapitated by the railroad tracks in Monterrey, Mexico, Detective Guillermo Lombardo, a 30-year veteran of the Investigations Department is assigned to this seemingly "inconsequential" case.



Ignoring orders that he “wrap up the case quickly” his investigations reveal that the young man's murder is far from being “inconsequential”.



As he follows leads and the scant evidence found at the scene of the crime, he discovers that the young man was just a foot soldier in a war being waged by powerful politicians, drug lords, and undercover agents from both sides of the U.S.-Mexico border.



 Detective Lombardo threads his way through this dangerous, murderous world, doggedly pursuing the killers because, as he admits to the beautiful, young widow of the murdered man, he is the kind of policeman who still believes that “doing the right thing” and seeking “justice for the little guy” is not only his job, but his way of life.


Q: What will e-readers like about your book?
I think that the exotic location and characters. Lombardo is a very interesting character that I based on real policemen that I have met and known.

Q: Why did you go indie?
People at indie publishers are more caring and nurturing in their relationship with their authors. It is truly a very personalized experience.

Q: Who are your favorite authors in the suspense, mystery, horror, and thriller fields?
The classics: Raymond Chandler, Dashielle Hammett, and Graham Greene; but also a very modern writer: David Mitchell 

No comments:

Post a Comment