Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Seeing the World My Way, Tony Giles


Q: What will e-readers like about your book?
'Seeing the World My Way' is a no-holds-barred journey of hedonism and thrill-seeking adventure. I'm a young blind and severely deaf guy, and I'm backpacking round the world - solo. No help. No guide. Just me and my backpack, and a tiny budget. I've made it to all 7 continents and over 50 countries so far, including Antarctica.

My book is full of drama, danger and discovery, and shows readers my view of the world as I achieve my dream, and deal with my disability whilst living life to the limit.
From bungee jumping in New Zealand to booze filled nights out in New Orleans, Seeing the World My Way is a no-holds-barred account that is certainly not for the faint hearted!

Q: Why did you go indie?
I sent my book to most of the major publishers in the UK, and they all turned me down. I asked Helen Hart of SilverWood Books to copy-edit the manuscript so I could offer it free on my website www.tonythetraveller.com, and she offered me a publishing deal with her independent imprint SilverWood Originals. The book is now available in print, and as an eBook. I've been featured on BBC Radio Four, in Lonely Planet, The Sun newspaper and a variety of magazines from Portugal to Finland to Brazil!



Q: Who are your favorite authors in your genre?
My favourite authors include Stephen King, Colin Forbes, Thomas Harris, Ian Rankin, Jack Higgins and Alistair MacLean.

Link to web site or blog or Amazon/Smashwords


No comments:

Post a Comment