Thursday, March 3, 2011

Twit Press/ R.J. Silver

Twit Publishing is a micro publisher based out of Dallas, Texas that's run by two brothers. We like fiction, so we publish fiction.

Original fiction that takes you through the air-pirate filled skies of Over the Sahara, to the brink of madness with A Remarkable Picture, and into the atompunk stars with The Hotel Ceres. Journey into the heart of temptation in Devil Does Dallas, to the wildly weird west in A Knight Templar in Lincoln County, and to the edge of man's tenuous grasp of reality in Intruders on Geer Bluff.

Q: What will e-readers like about your book?


PULP! Summer/Fall 2010 has twelve enjoyable stories from a variety of genres. My brother and I love the original pulp (stuff like
Dashiell Hammett and Raymond Chandler), but I always get a little upset when people think that "pulp" was just hardboiled detective stuff. It was westerns, superhero fiction, science fiction, horror like H. P. Lovecraft, and sword and sorcery stuff like Conan the Barbarian too. I mean, Twilight Zone had plenty of writers that got their start writing for the pulp mags.

And it's grown into so much more. Genres like cyberpunk, fantasy, horror, slasher films, supernatural detectives. If it's considered popular fiction now, then it had its roots in disposable pulp mags and dime-store novels.


So, we've tried to show that spread with our anthology. There's a western in there, a 1930s style pulp with air pirates and zeppelins, horror, a
science fiction revenge story, and a buck rogers style atompunk kind of story to name a few.

Q: Why did you go indie?


Well, we wanted to control what we put out. I hate being told what I can and can't do. And, as a reader, I hate being told what I can and can't read. And, unfortunately, the major publishing houses only put out what they think will sell to the vast majority of customers. Pfft to that.


Q: Who are your favorite authors in your genre?


Robert E. Howard
, Louis L'Amour, H. P. Lovecraft, Dashiell Hammett and Elmore Leonard to name a few. But, if we're talking just short story stuff, I'll throw in Jorge Luis Borges, Tim O'Brien and Lorrie Moore. Now they can write.

http://www.amazon.com/Twit-Publishing-Presents-Summer-ebook/dp/B003S3S5W6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&m=AG56TWVU5XWC2&s=books&qid=1294865590&sr=8-2

### 

RJ Silver- The Princess & The Penis
 
I love to laugh, especially since I went off my medication. 


Q: What will e-readers like about your book?
 
It’s zany humor combined with its underlying humanity.  The story has only been out a little over a month, yet it’s already downloaded 20,000 times on Smashwords (making it the # 1 humor book there all-time), 20,000 times on Feedbooks, and 10,000 times on ManyBooks.Net, and I have hundreds of glowing testimonials from these and other sites.  It’s touched people in a way that’s truly surprised me.

Q: Why did you go indie?
I got disgusted with the way marketers were corrupting the editorial process.  I actually walked away from a couple of big-league agents and a very large publisher to start this new line of humor stories, to “write for joy to give joy”, as I like to say, and the Indie platforms were ideal for me to achieve that goal.

Q: Who are your favorite authors in your genre?
Mark Twain, of course.  Shakespeare (Comedy of Errors), Aristophanes.
 
###

No comments:

Post a Comment